See how we protect your child's personal information
We at Cuddle Bug Toy Factory take your child's privacy seriously. Being a web
retailer that primarily sells plush toys, we understand that our website appeals
to children. We want to make their experience on our website safe and enjoyable,
Federal regulations require that online operators comply with the Children's
children. Although we are in compliance with COPPA, and we DO NOT solicit or
collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of
13, rarely there may be instances where we may be passive recipients of that
information. For example, children may create an account on our website either
to purchase an item or to post a review of an item. That's why we believe it is important to have a policy on this matter and to let you know what precautions
we have taken to ensure that your child's personal information is protected.
When is personal information collected?
The only time we collect personally identifiable information on our website is
when a customer creates an account or places an order. The purpose of creating
an account is to make a purchase and simplify your shopping experience. Creating
an account allows you to save your personal information such as name, address,
order history, gift recipients, and other preferences on a secure server for any
future purchases. You may also want to post a review to share your opinion about
What are we doing at Cuddle Bug Toy Factory to ensure that we do not collect
personal information from children?
Are there any other instances where a child's personally identifiable
information may be collected?
- First we do not put any content on our website (e.g. games) for children that would require them to provide personal information to participate. If, in the future, we do put activities for children on our website, no personal information will be necessary to participate.
- We DO NOT encourage or want children to create an account on our website. We require all account holders to be at least 13 years old. Although there is no way to fully guarantee this, we have tried to put safeguards in place to minimize it.
- To create an account, all customers must verify that they are at least 13
years old through an attestation.
- To place an order on our website without creating an account, an age
attestation is also required. We do not want young children making purchases
without their parents' knowledge and consent. That's why we encourage parents to create an account and make purchases at their discretion for their children.
- We review all comments from customers that appear on our website prior to posting to ensure that they are appropriate. To post a comment, an account is required. We will remove any posting that appears to be from a child and delete the account associated with that posting.
- You can contact us anytime if you believe your child has created an account and you want the account deleted.
Customers placing a gift order may have entered a child's name and address as a
gift recipient. These customers may include individuals other than parents, such
as grandparents, aunts and uncle, or family friends. However, we never solicit
or collect personal information directly from children.
What do you do with a gift recipient's personal information?
Do the use of 'cookies' affect my child?
- We use this information to deliver the item to the recipient. This includes, only as needed to fulfill the order, sharing the name and address with a delivery carrier (e.g. US Postal Service, FedEx, etc.). No other information will be shared with the deliver carrier regardless of whether the recipient is an adult or child.
- The package they receive from us on your behalf may contain some branded or promotional materials such as flyers. Other than that, gift recipients and ship-to addressees are NEVER used for marketing.
- Gift recipient's personal information will only be used for record keeping and
providing details on the order history.
As with most anonymous users of our website, including children, cookies are
used to understand a visitor's preferences and provide a more personalized
shopping experience (see our policy on the use of 'cookies'). Unless a customer has created an account, cookies do not link preferences with personally identifiable information. Again, we do not allow children under the age of 13 to create an account on our website.
Who can I contact at Cuddle Bug Factory for more information?
All personal information collected on this website (www.cuddlebugfactory.com) is
maintained by our Privacy Administrator. If you have any questions, contact us
by e-mail or telephone at:
Cuddle Bug Toy Factory
Helmetta, NJ 08828